House sparrows, once a common species are now in decline. House sparrows like to live near other sparrows, preferring the area around the eaves of houses. However, many modern houses are not ‘sparrow-friendly’. This bird box can be erected close to the eaves to replicate this favoured nesting place.
- Three separate nesting places in one box.
- Deep box with a high entrance hole to reduce predation.
- Drainage holes in the base to prevent waterlogging.
- Exterior painted with non-toxic, low VOC preservative, available in a selection of colours.
- Roofing felt which protects the box from the weather, making it last much longer.
32mm entrance holes.
The box measures approximately 33cm/16” (H), 52cm/20.5” (W) and 20cm/8” (D) (including the fixing battens).